Visuddhimagga VIII-36

Aparampi āha –

又说:

Ñ(VIII,36): And he said further:



‘‘yocāyaṃ, bhikkhave, bhikkhu evaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāveti,

「诸比丘!若有比丘如是念死修习;

Ñ: 'Bhikkhus, when a bhikkhu develops mindfulness of death thus,



aho vatāhaṃ rattindivaṃ jīveyyaṃ, bhagavato sāsanaṃ manasikareyyaṃ, bahuṃ vata me kataṃ assāti.

『呜呼!我命实在一日一夜之间,我必忆念世尊教法,我实多有所作』。

Ñ: "Oh, let me live a night and day that I may attend to the Blessed One's teaching, surely much could be done by me",



Yocāyaṃ, bhikkhave, bhikkhu evaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāveti,

诸比丘!若有比丘如是念死修习:

Ñ: and when a bhikkhu develops mindfulness of death thus,



aho vatāhaṃ divasaṃ jīveyyaṃ, bhagavato sāsanaṃ manasikareyyaṃ, bahuṃ vata me kataṃ assāti.

『呜呼!我命实在一日之间,我必忆念世尊教法,我实多有所作』。

Ñ: "Oh, let me live a day that I may attend to the Blessed One's teaching, surely much could be done by me",



Yo cāyaṃ, bhikkhave, bhikkhu evaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāveti,

诸比丘!若有比丘如是念死修习:

Ñ:



aho vatāhaṃ tadantaraṃ jīveyyaṃ, yadantaraṃ ekaṃ piṇḍapātaṃ bhuñjāmi, bhagavato sāsanaṃ manasikareyyaṃ, bahuṃ vata me kataṃ assāti.

『呜呼!我命实在一顿饭食之间,我必忆念世尊教法,我实多有所作』。

Ñ:



Yo cāyaṃ, bhikkhave, bhikkhu evaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāveti,

诸比丘!若有比丘如是念死修习:

Ñ: and when a bhikkhu develops mindfulness of death thus,



aho vatāhaṃ tadantaraṃ jīveyyaṃ, yadantaraṃ cattāro pañca ālope saṅkhāditvā ajjhoharāmi, bhagavato sāsanaṃ manasikareyyaṃ, bahuṃ vata me kataṃ assāti.

『呜呼!我命实在咀嚼吞下四五团饭食之间,我必忆念世尊教法,我实多有所作』。

Ñ: "Oh, let me live as long as it takes to chew and swallow four or five mouthfuls that I may attend to the Blessed One's teaching, surely much could be done by me"—



Ime vuccanti, bhikkhave, bhikkhū pamattā viharanti, dandhaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāventi āsavānaṃ khayāya.

诸比丘!此等称为住于放逸比丘,迟缓的修习为漏尽而念死。[PTS 238]

Ñ: these are called bhikkhus who dwell in negligence and slackly develop mindfulness of death for the destruction of cankers. [238]



No comments:

Notice:

Terms of use: You may copy, reformat, reprint, republish, and redistribute this work in any medium whatsoever, provided that: (1) you only make such copies, etc. available free of charge; and (2) Please ask permission from BPS to use the English translation of the Visuddhimagga.

Acknowledgment: Thanks to Buddhist Publication Society (BPS) and Venerable Nyanatusita for allowing me to use the English translation of the Visuddhimagga (The Path Of Purification) by Bhadantācariya Buddhaghosa, translated from the Pāḷi by Bhikkhu Ñāṇamoli, as part of a combined Chinese English translation.

Sādhu ! Sādhu ! Sādhu !